№ 783 THE BOOK MEME

Sometimes more things fit in one post like a jig saw puzzle. Today it is all about books. For a long time a wanted to have a little book shop on my place but I could not find a shop little enough until... The Arcade and after 2 hits on the { vespertine }  machine I got myself the RARE bookshop and I am over the moon so happy!! Peter Pan payed a visit already and maybe if you come over he will still be there. Most of the items displayed in the shop are items from The Arcade and The Chapter Four is having some gacha items as well like this table from HEDEKI. For me this brand is new and I love the designs.
Next is The Book Meme from Strawberry Singh and that was harder to make. I answer the questions but I know upfront a lot of book titles don't ring any bell to you readers only if you are Dutch you will know some of the writers and titles I am mentioning. For me making this meme a short journey in my readers history and brought back  feelings and thoughts and  I really have to  start reading more like I used to do. Thank you Berry for reminding me how fun reading actually is.

Meme instructions by Berry herself: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so we can all come and see. If you create an image for this meme, feel free to share it in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
  1. Are you a bookworm? – No I love to read but I don't hide myself in books anymore.
  2. Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – I prefer hardcover and I love keeping books as well and re read the really good ones more then once. For some people a "no go " but I write in side lines of book pages as well if I want to remember a sentence or statement of the writer. If I re read a book years later I notice  that the way I look at things and I feel about matters changed in time.
  3. Which book is your favorite? – Beloved by Toni Morrison and I.M. by Connie Palmen a Dutch female writer and this is not the only book written by her I got in my collection
  4. Which children’s book is your favorite? – All the books and song of Annie M.G Schmidt. All the children in the Netherlands grow up with her story's and songs.
  5. What’s the last book you’ve read? – Haantjes from Kluun
  6. Name your top five favorite writers: – Connie Palmen , Toni Morrison , Kluun , Geert Mak  Ronald Giphart
  7. Name a book that had a strong impact on you:  - In Europe
  8. Favorite & least favorite book genres? – I am not a big fan of poetry and romance novels. Only paper back romance novels for in the train the ones you trough away done reading. I love books about interactions between people and how life chancing that interactions can be. And I read a lot of non fiction history books that tell me story's what happened in the past. I am still  a believer that I can learn from the past and humanity will not make the same mistakes twice. Like I said I am a believer because reading all those history books I found out the human race is making the same mistakes over and over again.
  9. Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptions? – Discovery of Heaven difficult book to read written by Harry Mulisch but when I saw the movie the book suddenly made sense. I prefer to read the book before I see the movie. For some reason I get it more and it has deeper impact if I read the book. What people think and feel is so hard to capture in motion pictures. When I watch the movie before I read the book I experience a total different story. My thoughts are not mine anymore when I watch the movie the director is dictating the direction and I don't have that feeling when I am reading books. ( Does this make sense ? ) 
  10. Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – Yes I do that all the time when I buy a paper back novel to read in the train on my way to friends.
  11. Where do you usually buy your books? – Bookshops all over the place even at  old book stalls on market places I stop to take a look. Love old picture books with old photos as well.
  12. Do you go to the library? – I used to do years ago. I love the library but since the Internet I find myself more and more behind the computer and online searching for things and knowledge like I did before in the library.
  13. How many books do you own? – OMG I don't know , I live temporarily at my parents house and my books are in storage for safe keeping. Looking at my sl bookstore picture I need at least 4 of those book cabinets to storage them all.
  14. If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? How to get over  a gacha addiction in a 12 step program self aid book. As you can see in the picture I need to get over it or my inventory will implode and explode at the same time.




Skin -Glam Affair-  @  The Arcade Asia Combination 07E
Hair  MINA Hair  @  We ❥ Role Play  Nanda  *NEW*
Top  & Pants NYU  @  FaMESHed Cropped Tee Red  Flared Pants White 
Shoes  **SHINE**  @  Whore Couture Fair   Megan Nude 



Comments

Popular Posts