№ 2054 OFFICE GLAM


Click the picture to get a closer view.

For the first time that I am blogging in second life I need a motivation slash pep talk.
Suddenly I am having a bloggers / writers block and I will try to explain here why this is happening.

➥ Flickr faves ..... not getting enough faves..... not getting faves at all....
In time the number of Flickr faves became the main criterion for designers to take bloggers on board.
In my head and call me stupid, a picture I make is only a good picture for me, if and when  it gets more then 100 faves.
When I look at the quality of the second life pictures on Flickr, I see pictures that are really really good 
even amazing but still not getting over 100 faves.
I also see pictures that are mediocre or even less than that but  they getting easy over the 200 faves.
I see pictures re-posted to upgrade the faves.
Flickr faves are not about the quality of the picture anymore but became a popularity contest.
More and more it is about giving faves to getting the same faves back.
I don't have time for this Flickr treadmill. 
I have to work hard in real life to pay for my second life shopping habits.
I don't have time to fave every day, don't even have time to fave every other day.
 I am already happy that I have the time to take a picture to begin with.
So I am stepping out of this crazy Flickr fave madness.
A good picture is not defined by its faves on Flickr of likes on Facebook.
It is a good picture because it is a better picture then the picture I made before.
It is a good picture because it is expressing exactly what I had in mind making it.
It is a good picture because it made me feel good making it and still makes me feel good looking at it the next day.
From now I will be using Flickr to get inspired by other peoples work, to get rid of my bloggers block instead of getting one because of this fave madness.

➥ Brand and event blog  managers.
Being a brand and event blogger myself, I got the message, bloggers have to be grateful.
Grateful that we are the chosen ones, with  the different rules and guidelines that comes along with it.
Trust me I understand all of it, but this partnership is a two way street.
So I have a view tips for  some blog managers.

- Your bloggers will me more motivated with compliments then with sneers and threats. 
- If you write a thank you note, after a collaboration, don't make, and sent a copy note with no meaning.
Make an effort to make it  personal, for instance by calling the blogger by their name and then thank them for their service.

Let me applaud some blog managers here 
Lawrence D. Pryce (lawrenced)  FaMESHed event blog manager.
Every three months I get a personal bloggers review status note card.
Optimistic and uplifting in  his feedback and tone of voice and because of this I want to do better in months to come.
Duchess Flux brand blog manager of Eudora3D
Positive in her feedback, showing she really looks at the pictures and a sign that she is a blogger herself.
Ilaya Himmel brand blog manager of [ kunst ] for contacting me in person, just to check if I was o.k. 
Being a good brand and event blog manager is about the little personal things.
That is what makes a blogger a happy blogger.

Happy blogging and have fun while you shop until you drop.

Body Maitreya Lara 4.1 
Bento Head LeLutka  Simone

Skin Glam Affair The Epiphany  Morgana
Open until November 12th.

Hair   [ monso ] Samantha for FaMESHed GO ! 
Get your teleport HUD on Market Place  or on FaMESHed Go ! HQ
A homage to main store shopping fun.
With each purchase you make at each store, you will earn points. 
These points will range from 10 - 20 points per single item, fatpacks are 50 - 75 points. 
Your HUD will update with the correct amount of points for each purchase, and it will show on the tag.

Dress Valentina E. @ FaMESHed X  Helena Dress Olive
Desk [ kunst ] - Like a Boss Desk @ FaMESHed X
Chair [ kunst ]- Like a Boss Chair @ FaMESHed X

Shoes **UTOPIA@Design**  "QIANA" 

More about the decorations and scenery visit my blog post The Office

Comments

  1. Darling Inkie, your talent speaks for itself! You are a wonderful blogger and your images are always beautiful and composed gorgeously. The foremost goal of a blogger is to please their audience, and I for one, am always pleased. The second goal is to get the word out about a product to a continuously expanding audience, and you have that covered as well. We appreciate your work and are honored that you are on the Eudora3d team. Don't stress or second guess yourself, you are amazing. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts