№ 2069 QUESTION ... IS SECOND LIFE A GAME ?


Click the picture to get a closer view.

 I am a Second Life resident since December 21st 2008.
And I got a question.
Is Second Life a game ?
There are several definitions on the word game.

game is an activity or sport usually involving skill, knowledge, or chance, in which you follow fixed rules and try to win against an opponent or to solve a puzzle.
You need to skills and knowledge for sure , everybody remember their noob day's, not be able to walk in to a house and bumping in to the walls all the time.
There are no fixed rules involved beside the way the avi is controlled.
It is not about winning against an opponent although some are using this platform to be rude and obnoxious. 
Shame on you all.
And yes trying out a new Bento mesh head is life solving a puzzle all the time.
So in this definition not a straight yes or no to the question if Second Life is a game.

An activity that one engages in for amusement or fun.
By this explanation  Second Life is a game for sure.
In the 10 years that past by I so had much fun  in this world.
It changed though, trough time spending time in Second Life got more in balance with my real life.
In my early years I spent almost all my time on this platform.
And making this picture is a homage to my early years in this pixel world.
I had several managers jobs and I was a busy bee sitting behind my keyboard and desktop.
Met a lot of nice people witch a lot of left this "game" and left my life as well.
Lately I am in a limbo about my time in this world.
Is it still bringing me  joy and fun and is my time in here still worth loosing real life time ? 
Is spending almost 10 years in here the limit ? 
Is there a time to end a this "game" ? 

Have fun while you shop until you drop.

Body Maitreya Lara 4.1 
Bento Mesh Head CatWa  Catya

Skin [theSkinnery]  @ Collabor88  Lilo
Hair [ monso ]  @ Collabor88  Evelynn 

Jacket  *COCO*  @ FaMESHed  ShawlCollarTuxJacket
Pants *COCO*  @ FaMESHed TuxedoPants
Necklace & Earrings EMPYREAN FORGE @ FaMESHed Continuum Set 

Pose with Mug Luanes WorldThe Liaison Collaborative  Another Day

Desk, Chair, Monitor, Gaming PC , Gaming Keyboard
More gaming items in this Extreme Gaming gacha set made by Kunst Himmel

Comments

Popular Posts